The next sci fi project I’m working on is being kept under wraps right now, but the name is “Clairvoyance” and we’re going to need some creative 3d vfx artists to handle the visuals. If this is you or someone you know, check out the descriptions below and reach out to us as soon as possible.
3d Modeler (paid, copy & credit)
Are you great at 3d modeling sci fi elements such as spaceships, mech warriors, robots or drones? We’re looking for someone who can create some sci fi graphics that blend into the story and looks as realistic as possible. If you’re an ace at texturing and animation that’s even better. Send us some online samples of your work.
- Polygonal modeling of robots, creatures, props and environments from photo reference
- Developing multilayered photo-real textures
- Artist must be well versed with 3D software of their choice: 3D Studio Max, Maya and Z-Brush skills are a plus
- Artist must submit show reel demonstrating their ability to model and texture photo-real creatures, characters, props or environments
- Artists must be able to take direction and communicate via skype or google video when necessary
3d Animator (paid, copy & credit)
Do you have a skill for animating 3d models without making it look choppy or unrealistic? We’re in need of an awesome animator who has the patience to bring the 3d model to life. We’re looking for someone who’s great at making objects or characters in our short film appear lifelike by manipulating light, color, texture, shadow, and transparency. If you have an awesome skillset in rigging and other areas regarding 3d generalist duties that’d be a big plus as well. Send us some online samples of your work.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Great creative sensibilities
- A feel for movement and timing is necessary to produce convincing animation
- Good understanding of the principles of cinematography including use of lenses, positioning and moving the camera, etc.
- Ability to take direction and a willingness to address comments and make changes
- Must be a team player
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and ability to problem solve
- Strong technical mind
Matte Painter (paid, copy & credit)
We need someone who can create realistic elements that seamlessly replace live-action elements or embellish existing live action footage in our sci fi film. Must have experience working with live-action footage, digital still photography, rendered CG elements, and digital paint to create environments and visual elements that are realistic, believable, and can be integrated seamlessly into the short film. In-depth knowledge of programs like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Corel Painter and ninja skills with a Wacom tablet are bare necessities; 3-D programs like Zbrush, visual effects programs like Apple Shake, and animation programs such as Maya will are definitely a plus.
If you have what it takes and you’re interested, then please contact me as soon as time permits by either filling out the form below with links to your demo reel or clips of your work.